Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Great Time Suck

     Sure it's November already and I haven't posted since Nate's birthday in September.  Where does the time go?  I'm not sure but I know that it has something to do with San Marcos, convergences and maybe a black hole or two.  I even think it has something to do with the house we are staying in.  For the last two days, our friend, Marta, has been staying at the house, falling into its dreamy spell and questioning what day it is and "How could that be?"  She left today aided by Andrea, our Shamballan friend, rescuing Marta from the great time suck.
     I feel that I need a bit of a rescue as well and so I've booked tickets to Paris for Nate and I, to get away from this place and gain some perspective and also to meet up with Dan after he's done his stint somewhere off the coast of Africa.  I hear Paris is gorgeous in late Fall.  From there we'll head south to the Riviera, perhaps to Venice and then to Croatia....that's the plan in my head so far.  We've got a few months to meander about.
     It feels like time is on our side, but I've found the opposite is mostly true, taunting us as we try to be productive and sneering at us as we try to relax and perhaps laughing at us as we try to make sense of it all.  And if time has an energy, just like everything else, perhaps it also can be manipulated, its march slowed by, I don't know, maybe something as simple as our attention.
     Another blue sky, warm winded day here in San Marcos. It's afternoon and I'm still in pj's, wondering where the last 6 months went.

No comments:

Post a Comment